PAMS is an electrical mobility size spectrometer designed for portable, mobile, or handheld aerosol sampling applications. It provides the number-weighted diameter distribution of aerosols over the entire sub-micrometer range (10 to 863 nano meter) in one scan.
- Electrical mobility size spectrometer designed for portable, mobile, or handheld aerosol sampling applications
- Provides number-weighted diameter distribution of aerosols over the entire submicrometer range (10 to 863nm) in one scan
- Uses a non-radioactive bipolar aerosol charger to allow easy access to sampling sites with tight safety regulations
- Bipolar charger significantly reduces measurement uncertainty of larger particles in the submicrometer range
- Can be used in two modes: Single diameter count mode: to get a total count within a narrow size range or Size distribution mode: to get an automated size distribution measurement over desired size range or size resolution
- Stand-alone, battery-operated instrument; no external computer needed.
- Weighs only 4.5 kg and measures 23 x 23 x 15 cm.
- Personal Nanoparticle/Aerosol Exposure Measurement
- Workplace protection factor measurement of respirators
- Atmospheric process studies
- Air pollution and air quality measurements
- Combustion and engine exhaust emission measurements
- Filtration studies
- Inhalation toxicology studies
- Indoor air quality studies